Hello Crafty Friends! It’s time for a new Challenge at Lawn Fawnatics! Challenge #156 is to create a project using the above colors for inspiration. I wanted to play with the new Ta Da! Diorama! and I wasn’t quite ready for fall yet so I decided to create a closet card featuring an assortment of clothing and accessories with the above color scheme.
To start, I die cut the Ta Da! Diorama! background, side, and front panels out of paper listed below. I lightly ink blended the background panel with Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide. To make the closet doors, I die cut two window frames out of the window frame die. I used half of each of the frames as the closet doors. I adhered vellum behind the frames and glued the frames on top of Blueberry Smoothie Paper trimmed to the same dimensions. I added some door handles from Shut the Front Door.
To make the slots for the closet bars, I partially die cut the rectangle piece from the Snow Much Fun Set as shown below.
Next, I made the closet bars by die cutting the bottom insert out of metallic paper and then trimming it in half.
I die cut two more bottom inserts out of acetate as I wanted the clothes to show through. I added a shelf at the back of the closet using the Picket Fence Die. I glued together the Ta Da! Diorama!
I stamped the mice, hangers, top hat, and luggage and die cut the images with coordinating dies. I colored the images with Copic Markers listed below. I stamped the purses, sneakers, bucket hat, and clothing onto patterned paper listed below and fussy cut the images. I adhered the images onto the card and added a White Heat Embossed Sentiment and Ta! Da!
The Challenge is open until Sunday, September 17th at 11:59PM ET. All entries will have a chance to receive a $50 Lawn Fawn gift card and you will also have a chance to be featured in the Lawn Fawnatics Blog!
Thank you so much for joining me today! I hope you like my card!
Lawn Fawn Supplies:
- Ta-Da! Diorama!
- Window Frame
- Snow Much Fun – Lawn Cuts (used the rectangle slot die to die cut side slots for the closet rods)
- Shut the Front Door (Door Handle)
- Picket Fence Border (Shelf)
- Just Plane Awesome and Merry Mice (Mice)
- Car Critters Road Trip Add-On (Luggage)
- Plan On It: Fitness (Shoes)
- Dad + Me (Bucket Hat)
- Fox Costumes Before ‘n Afters (Purses)
- Little Bundle (Clothing and Hangers)
- Ugly and Bright (Sweater)
- Bicycle Built For You (Top Hat)
- Pizza My Heart (“You Have”)
- Harold’s ABCs (“style”)
- Acetate (closet door)
- Metallic Cardstock Silver
- Gotta Have Gingham Rainbow Petite Paper Pack
- Horseshoe Paper
- Blueberry Smoothie Paper
- Birthday Candles Paper
- Gladiolus Paper
- Mice: W1, W0, W00, E000, E0000, R00
- Luggage: Y11, Y00, Y000, B000, B0000, YG01, YG00, RV25, RV23, RV21
- Top Hat: RV25, RV23, RV21, BG000, BG0000