Hello Crafty Friends! It’s time for a new Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! Challenge #152 is one of my favourite challenges, Fun with Food! I love Rice Krispies and I have gone through countless boxes with half for making Rice Krispies Squares. So for this challenge, I used Rice Krispies as my inspiration.
To start, I added a stitched border using the largest die from the Stitched Rectangle Stamp onto A2 white cardstock. Next, I masked off the top center using a mask made with 3 1/2′ x 2 1/4″ and 2 1/2″ x 1 1/4″ Oval Dies . I masked off the top of the panel using a mask made with the side of an oval plate. Starting from the bottom of the panel, I ink blended the the panel using Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean Distress Oxides. I ink the top of the panel with Carved Pumpkin and Dried Marigold Distress Oxide. I inked the center of the panel with Blueprint Sketch Distress Oxide. I lightly sprayed the panel with water and splattered some blue and orange watercolor onto the panel.
I made the cereal bowl by die cutting a 31/2″ circle with a 3 1/2″ x 2 1/4″ oval and using the two pieces as for the inside and outside of the bowl (you can tell my cutting plates have been well used).
For the Rice Krispies, I ink blended white cardstock with Scattered Straw Distress Oxide and used the Cheek die from Woodland Critter Huggers. I stamped “Oh Joy” with Red Lobster Ink and die cut with the coordinating die and then I trimmed off “Joy.” I die cut “Oh Joy” again with white cardstock. I used Finley’s ABCs and die cut two sets of “SNAP!”, one out of white cardstock and the other out of Red Lobster Ink. I adhered the two layers of “Oh” and “SNAP!” together.
I die cut some milk splatters from the splatters in Art Supplies. I stamped the words “POP” and “SNAP” onto the splatters.
I stamped and die cut the images and coloured with Copic Markers listed below. The milk was made by fussy cutting some white cardstock. I adhered everything onto the panel. I finished off the card with White Heat Embossed sentiments from Offset Sayings Birthday.
The Challenge is open until Sunday, July 16th at 11:59PM ET. All entries will have a chance to receive a $50 Lawn Fawn gift card and you will also have a chance to be featured in the Lawn Fawnatics Blog!
Thanks so much for joining me today! I hope you like my card!
Lawn Fawn Supplies:
- Merry Mice and A Creature Was Stirring (Snap, Crackle, Pop, and spoon)
- How You Bean? Strawberries Add-On
- Berry Special
- Woodland Critter Huggers (Cheeks for Rice Krispies )
- Ugly and Bright (Hat for Crackle)
- Bicycle Built For You (Hat for Pop)
- Winter Big Scripty words (Oh from “Oh Joy”)
- Winter Big Scripty Words Lawn Cuts
- Finley’s ABCs
- Large Stitched Oval (3 ½” x 2 ¼” ) and Circle Stackables (3 ½”) for the Cereal Bowl, 3 ½” x 2 ¼” and 2 ½” x 1 ¼” oval dies to make the masks for the oval design)
- Art Supplies (Milk Splatters)
- Thanks A latte (Cup)
- Bubbles of Joy (Pop)
- Tiny GingerBread (Snap masked off from “Oh Snap”)
- Offset Sayings Birthday (Sentiments)
- Chili Pepper Cardstock
- Red Lobster Ink
- Mice: W2, W1, W0, E00, E000, R00
- Chef’s Hat: C0, C00
- Crackle’s Hat: R24, R22,R21, C00
- Pop’s Hat: Y26, Y21, Y00, C5, C3, C1
- Spoon: C3, C2, C1
- Strawberries: R24, R22, R21, R20, YG03, YG01