Hello Crafty Friends! It’s time for a new Challenge at Lawn Fawnatics! Challenge #148 is to pick a BT member or LF card that inspires you. For this Challenge, I created a Dim Sum themed card using the awesome dim sum baskets created by my fellow Design Team member, Mimi Lo. Click on the link to see the baskets she created in Challenge 144- All Things Birthday
To start, I die cut white cardstock using the largest die from Outside In Stitched Rectangle Dies. I ink blended the panel with Salty Ocean and Tumbled Glass Distress Oxides using a stencil made from Fancy Lattice Backdrop. I splattered some blue watercolour onto the panel for added detail. Next I die cut a thin strip of Ladder Stitched Paper and adhered onto the panel.
I stamped and cut all the images and coloured the images with Copic Markers listed below. For the dim sum baskets, I drew in the bottom lines with a fine tip black multi-liner. I decorated the rims of the tea cup, noodle bowl, and saucers with B28. For the noodles, I used the yarn balls from Den Sweet Den and I made the opening in the bowl for the noodles using a die from Ocean Accents. The chopsticks are from Concert Critters and the buns are from Bun In the Oven.
I finished off the card by adding a sentiment from Tea-rrific Day and adhered the panel onto Buttercup Paper trimmed to A2 size.
The Challenge is open until Sunday, May 14th at 11:59PM ET. All entries will have a chance to receive a $50 Lawn Fawn gift card and you will also have a chance to be featured in the Lawn Fawnatics Blog!
Thank you so much for joining me today! I hope you like my card!
Lawn Fawn Supplies:
- Year Thirteen
- Meow You Doin’ ( Dim Sum Baskets using the Cat Bed, hand drew the lines for the bottom of the basket and side details)
- Virtual Friends Add-On (Mouse)
- You Autumn Know (Mouse)
- Bun In the Oven (Pineapple Buns, Steamed Buns)
- A Creature Was Stirring ( Small Dumplings, Noodle Bowl)
- Love You A Latte (Teacup and Saucers)
- Den Sweet Den ( Yarn for the noodles)
- Ocean Wave Accents (Soup for the noodles)
- Critter Concert ( Chopsticks)
- Tea-rrific Day (Sentiment)
- Fancy Lattice Backdrop ( Made a stencil for the background using the Fancy Lattice Die)
- Outside In Stitched Rectangle Stackables
- Ladder Stitch Paper
- Buttercup Paper
- Black Licorice Cardstock
- Mice: N2, N1, N0, R00
- Dim Sum Basket: E33, E31, E30. Black Multi-Liner
- Pineapple Bun: Y21, Y11, E30, C00
- Dumpling: YR000, YR0000
- Steam Bun: R000, R000
- Teacup: B28, C00, E25
- Noodle Bowl: B28, C00, E41, E30
- Chopsticks: Y11, Y21