Hello Crafty Friends! It’s time for a new Challenge at Lawn Fawnatics! Challenge #133 is all about Awesome Autumn! Autumn also happens to be one of my favourite times of the year with leaves falling and changing color. Autumn is also a wonderful time for hiking! For this Challenge, I was inspired by falling leaves and crunching leaves on the ground!
To start, I placed the negative Birch Stencil on top of A2 White Cardstock and ink blended the sky with Tumbled Glass and Blueprint Sketch Distress Oxide. I then placed the positive Birch Stencil on top and ink blended with Tea Dye and Antique Linen Distress Oxide. I mixed some Tea Dye Ink with a small amount of water and splattered it over the trees.
For the grass, I die cut a piece of White Cardstock with one of the Grassy Hillside Borders. I ink blended the grass with Shabby Shutters and Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide. I highlighted the tips of the grass with Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxide. I then splattered Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide mixed with a small amount of water onto the area for interest. I adhered the grass onto background.
Next, I stamped, die cut, and coloured the images, and adhered some leaves onto the background. For the card front, I die cut a white frame using Stitched Rectangle Frame. I trimmed some acetate with my paper trimmer to A2 size. I prepped the acetate with an anti-static pouch on both sides and adhered the birch trees and leaves on the front. I then glued the white frame over the acetate.
I added some brown toned confetti pieces onto the grass area and then adhered the card front onto the background. I glued on the adorable bear and fox with foam tape for added dimension. The backpacks were made with the sushi stamp from Let’s Roll. I coloured the stamp to resemble a backpack with a blanket on top and then I extended the image on both sides by cutting the image in half and adhering the images onto the back of the bear and the fox. I finished off the card with White heat embossed sentiments.
The Challenge is open until Sunday, October 2nd at 11:59PM ET. All entries will have a chance to win a $50 Lawn Fawn gift certificate and you will also have a chance to be featured in the Lawn Fawnatics Blog!
Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you like my card!
Lawn Fawn Supplies:
- Ugly and Bright
- Birch Tree Stencil
- Joy to the Woods
- Let’s Go Nuts
- Jump for Joy (Leaves and Sentiment)
- Making Frosty Friends (Branch for Walking Sticks)
- Let’s Roll ( Sushi stamp colored and cut in half to lengthen for the backpacks)
- Forest Feast (So Thankful Sentiment)
- Season’s Tweeting (Toque and Scarf )
- Dad + Me (Hat)
- Grassy Hillside Border
- Stitched Rectangle Frames
- Black Licorice Cardstock
- Bear- E35, E34, E33, E31, E30, R20
- Backpack- R27, R24
- Blanket-B000, B02, E43, E42, Multi-liner
- Hat and Scarf- E19, R09, R05
- Fox- E34, YR27, YR24, YR21, E00, E000, R20
- Backpack- Y06, Y04
- Blanket- R27, E34, Multi-liner
- Hat- YG99, YG97, YG95, YG93, YG91, YG11
- Combination 1- YG95, YR27, YR24, YR21
- Combination 2- E19, YR15, YR12, Y11
- Combination 3- E07, YR18, YR15, YR12, Y11
- Combination 4- YG93, YG91, YR21, Y11
- Anti-Static Pouch
- Recollections Chunky Glitter Brown Mix
- Recollections Specialty Glitter Bright Gold
3 thoughts on “HIKING WITH LAWN FAWN FRIENDS”
I LOVE THIS, Catherine! It’s adorable and I think the colors you chose are SPOT ON. Well-done!! One of the best cards I have seen in a couple of weeks.
Lori S in PA
Thank you so much Lori! I am so glad you like my card 🙂
Great card! Your way of creating backpacks for the critters is very clever.