Hello Crafty Friends! Today, I am sharing another card created for the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #125- Create a project where you use mostly dies. As the school year is coming to an end soon, I wanted to create a card to thank our hardworking teachers. I was inspired by school bulletin boards and wanted to duplicate the idea into a card.
To start, I trimmed a piece of rolled cork to 4.25″ x 5.5″ and adhered it to a piece of white cardstock of the same size using a tape runner. Next I die cut two pieces of the Thanks, Teacher border, one out of white cardstock and the other out of red cardstock. I adhered the white piece over the red leaving some of the red showing.
I die cut the succulent out of white cardstock and ink blended with Lawn Fawn inks listed below. The plant was die cut out of Beige Shimmer Cardstock and rolled cork. I placed a frame from Say Cheese Again over the succulent and added lettering die cut from the Candy Hearts set.
I used leftover paper scraps for the papers on the bulletin board and used a hole punch for the side holes. The letter A is from Henry’s ABCs, the rainbow is from the Rainbow Die. I die cut the sun from the Four Square Backdrop set and used one of the smiley face dies from Plant a Succulent. I coloured the die-cuts with Copic Markers listed below.
I used white cardstock to die cut the push pins from the nail dies in the Mini Picture Frames set. I color them with Copic Markers listed below. I used my paper trimmer to cut squares out of paper from the Really Rainbow Paper Pack to make the yellow post it notes.
For the coffee cup, I used the coffee cup die from the Milk and Cookies set and the lid from the window planter in Scalloped Treat Box Spring Add-On. I fussy cut the cup sleeve out of rolled cork and adhered it onto the cup with a heart from the Mini Picture Frames set.
I added lettering from Candy Hearts set, stars from Mini Pop Up Box, and finished off the card with a white rectangle frame.
The Challenge is open until Sunday, June 5th at 11:59PM ET. All entries will have a chance to win a $50 Lawn Fawn gift certificate and you will also have a chance to be featured in the Lawn Fawnatics Blog!
Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you like my card!
Lawn Fawn Supplies:
- Mini Picture Frames (Frame , Hearts, and Pushpins)
- Rainbow Die
- Thanks, Teacher Line Border
- Henry’s ABCs
- Say Cheese Again (Polaroid Frame)
- Plant A Succulent (Succulent and Smiley Face on the Sun)
- Candy Hearts (“HUGS” wording and “I” “U”)
- Stitched Rectangle Frame
- Four Square Backdrop (Sun)
- Mini Pop Up Box (Stars)
- Milk and Cookies ( Die for the Coffee Cup)
- Scalloped Treat Box Spring Add-On (Window Planter for the Coffee Cup Lid)
- Really Rainbow Petite Paper Pack
- Into the Woods Remix Petite Paper Pack
- Sweather Weather Remix Petite Paper Pack
- Chili Pepper Cardstock
- Beige Shimmer Cardstock
- Metallic Cardstock Silver
- Succulent- Celery Stick, Freshly Cut Grass, Pink Flamingo, Wild Rose
- Rolled Cork
- Rainbow: R29, R27, R24, R22, YR04, YR02, YG07, YG05, YG03
- Letters and Hearts: R29, R27, R24, R22