Hello Crafty Friends! Today, I am sharing a “Happy Summer” card created with the new Swimming Pool Die and friends from the Kiddie Pool set!
To start, I used paper from Gingham Pastels Paper Pack to die cut the swimming pool from Swimming Pool Die. I went over the grooves of the swimming pool with a white gelly roll to make the tiles more prominent. I die cut the swimming pool railing out of silver card stock. I coloured the pool water with Copic markers and used one of the mini wave dies in the set to tuck the girl inside the water.
I colored the poolside tiles, grass, and hedge with Copic markers and I ink blended the sky with Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean Distress Oxide Inks.
I thought it would be fun to add a pool volleyball net and I used the wish list die from North Pole Dies to make the net. I used Mustard Seed Distress Oxide Ink to color the frame and drew the net with a black multi-liner. I added friends from Kiddie Pool and die cut the friends with the coordinating dies, Kiddie Pool Dies. The beach ball is from Beach Babies. I added some cute critters from Beach Buddies to peek over the hedge and used the put the beach towels in the set next to the pool.
I finished off the card by adding a few butterflies from Bunnyville and a white heat embossed sentiment from Fabulous Flamingoes.
Thanks so much for joining me today and I hope you like my card!
- Gingham Pastels Paper Pack
- Swimming Pool Die
- North Pole Dies
- Kiddie Pool
- Beach Babies
- Beach Buddies
- Tiles: T4, T2, T0
- Grass: G07, YG07, YG13, YG25
- Hedge: G99, YG67, YG63, YG25, YG11
- Net: B0000
- Pool: B000, B00, B01
- Boy: Hair: E79, E47, E57, E55, Skin: E50, E000, R20, R24, R39, Shorts: B23, B21, YR07, YR04, Y08
- Girl: Hair: E18, E15, E13, E11, Skin: E51, E50, R20, Swimsuit: Y08, Y04, Y02, YR04
- Ball: YR07, TR04, YR02, Y08, Y04, Y02, R27, R24, R22, B01, B00, YG05, YG03
- Sunglasses: Y08, Y04, Y02
- Dog: E47, E44, E43, E41, E40, R00, E000, N7
- Cat: E57, E55, N0, N7
- Beach Towels: YG05, YG03, C0, B01, B00, B000