Hello Crafty Friends! I hope everyone is having a great week! This year’s Lunar New Year is on February 1st and we will welcome the Year of the Tiger! I wanted to create a card featuring tigers and since I do not own a tiger stamp, I adapted Lawn Fawn’s cats from the Purrfectly Wicked set.
For the background, I cut a piece of cardstock from the Spiffy Speckles paper pad into a 4.25″ x 5.5″ rectangle. I then die cut pink card stock from the Water Color Wishes paper pad with the Fancy Lattice die. For the outer frame, I die cut another piece of pink card stock from the Water Wishes paper pad with the largest frame from the Stitched Rectangle Frames Die set.
For the centre circle frame, I used the leftover rectangle from the above and used the second largest circle die cut from the Stitched Circle Frames die set. I die cut the inside circle with the fourth largest circle die from the Circle Stackables set. I splattered some gold watercolour for added interest.
I stamped the cherry blossoms from Let’s Roll with the inks listed below. I added details with Copic markers and a white gelly roll pen. I coloured the critters and lanterns with Copics listed below and attached them onto the card with foam tape. I used a black multi-liner to draw the tiger stripes onto the critters. I drew the lantern sticks and hook with a black multi-liner and fussy cut them out. The banner sentiment was heated embossed and I attached another vellum banner underneath for dimension. I finished off the card by adding few enamel dots in the centre frame and the banner.
Thanks so much for stopping by today and I wish you and your families good health and fortune in the Year of the Tiger!
Lawn Fawn Supplies:
- Purrfectly Wicked and Purrfectly Wicked Add-On (Tigers)
- Let’s Roll (Cherry Blossom)
- A Bug Deal (Branches)
- Out of This World (Lanterns)
- Yay, Kites! (Lantern Tassles)
- Friends Forever (Scarves)
- Winter Wavy Sayings (Sentiment)
- Fancy Lattice Backdrop
- Stitched Rectangle Frames
- Stitched Circle Frames
- Simple Wavy Banners
- Watercolour Wishes Paper Pad
- Spiffy Speckles Paper Pad
- Tigers: Y35, Y23, Y21, R00, R20, Black Multi-liner
- Scarves: RV29, RV25, RV23, RV21
- Lanterns: RV29. RV25, RV23, RV21, RV13, RV11, RV10
- Branches: E44, E43, E42, E41
- Cherry Blossoms: Lawn Fawn Guava Ink, Altenew Cotton Candy Ink, Altenew Pink Diamond Ink
- Vellum Paper
- Hero Arts Enamel Dots
- Nuvo Embossing Powder Strawberry Blush
- Gansai Tambi Starry Colours