Hello Crafty Friends! Today, I am sharing a Peter Pan inspired platform pop-up card created for Lawn Fawn Challenge #121- Inspired by a Book, Movie, Song or Show. This is one of my favourite challenges as there is so much we can create when we use books, movies, and songs as our inspiration. I chose Peter Pan and Neverland for my inspiration.
To start, I die-cut the base with Dark Brown Woodgrain Cardstock using the Platform Pop-Up die. I adhered together all the pieces as per my previous card using double sided tape. I added glue on the bottom of the first T-shaped piece for extra support for all the critters (circle area below). As the Woodgrain Cardstock is quite thick compared to regular cardstock, I played with the pop up by pushing it up and down until all the creases were set in place.
Once the platform was put together, I made the stripes on the ship. I used my paper cutter and trimmed 4 strips of White Woodgrain Cardstock, 2 pieces sized 0.6″H x 5.3″W (red) and 2 pieces sized 0.25″H x 5.3″W (beige). I ink blended the larger two strips with Festive Berries Distress Oxide Ink and the two smaller strips with Antique Linen Distress Oxide Ink.
For the ocean, I die cut two sets of Stitched Wave Borders using white cardstock. I ink blended the waves with Salty Ocean and Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide. I sprayed some water onto the waves and lightly splattered some blue pearl water color.
I lined up the four strips and the two waves with the platform and made scored lines on where the folds were to be. I then adhered the strips and the waves onto the platform. I added portholes using windows from the Mushroom House set.
The flags and sails were made by using dies from the Scalloped Box Pop-Up set. I used the rectangle piece from the set and fussy cut the bottom for the sails. The small flags were made by the flag die in the set. I ink blended white cardstock with Antique Linen before die cutting. After the flags were die cut, I ran Brushed Corduroy Distress Oxide Ink around the edges. The rail was made by die cutting Light Brown Woodgrain Cardstock with the Picket Fence Border die. I trimmed the top and bottom of the fence to make it look like railing.
For the sentiment, I stamped “You’re A Treasure” from Ahoy, Matey and created the wooden board with a black multi-liner and Copic Markers listed below. I added critters coloured with Copic Markers listed below.
Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you like my card! This challenge will run for 2 weeks until Sunday, April 3rd at 11:59PM ET. I can’t wait to see your book, movie or song inspired creations!
Lawn Fawn Supplies:
- Platform Pop-Up
- Ahoy, Matey
- Mushroom House (Windows)
- Wild For You (Crocodile)
- Booyah (Pirate Hat)
- Bicycle Built for You (Peter Pan)
- Special Delivery ( Feather on Hat)
- Friends Forever (Peter Pan’s Hat)
- Stitched Wave Borders
- Picket Fence Border (Railings)
- Scalloped Box Pop-Up (Flags, Sails)
- Woodgrain Cardstock- Dark Brown, Light Brown and White
- Let It Shine Paper Collection
- Sparkle Glitter (Tinkerbell Wings)
- Peter Pan Hair: E08, YR18, YR12, YR21
- Peter Pan Top and Hat: G09, YG09, YG07, YG03
- Peter Pan Pants: G19, G17, G14
- Peter Pan Feather and Boots: E08, E04
- Peter Pan Skin: E11, E21, E00, R000. R20
- Chest: E53, E51, E50, E49, E47, E44, E27, E25, E23, E21
- Gold: TR23, Y15, Y11, Y00
- Anchor: C8, C6, C4
- Crocodile:G28, G24, G21, G20, Black Multi-liner
- Crocodile Hat: T8, T6, T4, W1
- Parrot: YR16, R17, Y19, Y15, Y13, Y11, BG07
- Map: E55, E53, E51
- Tinkerbell: G19, G17, G14, Y1, Y06, Y02 R20, E00
- Diamonds: B41, B52, V22, B63, White Gelly Roll
- Gansai Tambi Pearl Colours
- Beary Art Precision Craft Glue